By reserving, booking, occupying a slip or entering the marinas, you the Visitor are agreeing to the marina rules, regulations, Insurance and Hold Harmless Clause, Visitors Acknowledgement of Risks, fees and cancellation policy as follow.
Our marinas have had recent electrical upgrades with GFI protected circuits and boats should be tested for ground faults prior to arrival.
National Park Service Marina Regulations at Watch Hill & Sailors Haven Marinas
- All boat slips will be assigned by Dockmaster. Registration must be available to Dock attendant. Changing of slips is prohibited without approval of Dockmaster. Any boat occupying an unassigned slip will be subject to a fine and/or removal.
- D Land at Watch Hill will only be available for vessels 37 ft or greater. The Dockmaster may assign smaller boats into larger slips. The Dockmaster has the authority to reassign any boat.
- Boats may leave the marina after payment of dockage fee or after checking-in for an advance reservation and return to same slip provided a line is placed across the slip diagonally.
- Quiet hours must be observed from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM.
- Except for seasonal slip holders, boaters are limited to fourteen consecutive nights per visit/reservation during the Peak Summer Season.
- No swimming and dumping of any waste water from lavatories in marina.
- Fires of any type, for any purpose, are prohibited within the park boundaries. No grilling permitted on vessels within the marina. Charcoal grills are provided behind bulkheads along marina.
- Cooking grills of any type must be at least 10 ft behind marina bulkheads and not allowed on docks.
- Dinghies may be allowed to be tied in front of docked vessels only if they are capable of being immediately lilted onto that bow of that vessel.
- No docking is allowed in front of restricted and signed areas or emergency bulkhead or at T section at end of A/B pier at Watch Hill.
- The designated fire lanes must remain open for emergency and accessibility purposes. Deck chairs, folding tables or any other articles are not permitted in this area.
- Tables are prohibited in the corner behind the NPS Visitor Center at Watch Hill for our visitors with accessibility needs to be able to reach the required ramp along B-land.
- Bicycles, scooters and skateboards are prohibited on walks and around the marina.
- Tampering with the electrical outlets, panel boxes or wiring is a criminal offense. Anyone caught doing same will be federally cited and removed from the marina.
- Jet skis are not permitted at Watch Hill and Sailors Haven.
- Dog owners are responsible for all their dog’s actions. Dogs must be on a leash no greater than six feet leash at all times and must use marina pet comfort areas.
Insurance and Hold Harmless Clause
All boats docked at the Watch Hill Marina and Sailors Haven Marina must have hull and liability insurance in effect at all times while docked here. The use of said marina dockage facilities is strictly at the boat owner’s risk. Watch Hill Marina, Sailors Haven Marina, the operator Love Watch Hill & Sailors Haven, Inc. and personnel (LOVEFINS) assume no responsibility whatsoever for the safety of any vessel while docked or anchored in adjoining waters. LOVEFINS will not be liable for fire, theft, or storm damage to any vessel, its equipment or any property on or around said vessel.
Visitors will take all necessary precautions regarding the items or slips rented, and protect all persons and property from injury or damage. Visitor agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless LOVEFINS, including, but not limited to, attorney’s fees and costs, from and against any and all liability claims and judgments of every kind and nature including, but not limited to, injuries or death to persons and damage to property, arising out of the use, maintenance, operation, possession, or rental of the items or slips rented.
VISITOR’S ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF RISKS
In consideration of the services of Love Watch Hill & Sailors Haven Inc. their officers, agents, employees, and stockholders, and all other persons or entities associated with those businesses (hereafter collectively referred to as “LOVEFINS”) I agree as follows:
Although LOVEFINS has taken reasonable steps to provide me with appropriate equipment and skilled guides so I can enjoy an activity for which I may not be skilled, LOVEFINS has informed me this activity is not without risk. Certain risks are inherent in each activity and cannot be eliminated without destroying the unique character of the activity. These inherent risks are some of the same elements that contribute to the unique character of this activity and can be the cause of loss or damage to my equipment, or accidental injury, illness, or in extreme cases, permanent trauma or death. LOVEFINS does not want to frighten me or reduce my enthusiasm for this activity, but believes it is important for me to know in advance what to expect and to be informed of the inherent risks. The following describes some, but not all, of those risks.
Tripping, swimming, falling into the water, drowing, overturning of personal watercraft, slipping on wet surfaces, tripping on electric cords and hoses, electric shock from power pedestals and cords, severe winds, wind blown objects, falling objects, wave action in the bay and marina, tidal currents, ocean wave action and rip currents, boating, power boat propellers, diving in shallow water, glass, nails or other hazardous objects buried in sand, nails, screws and splinters in boardwalks, stubbing toes, climbing and descending stairs, objects protruding from marina bulkheads or other structures throughout the boardwalk and campgrounds, collisions from other vessels, burns from cooking grills and BBQs, adverse reactions from tick and insect bites, insect and tick borne illness such as Lyme disease, flooding, exposure to the weather resulting in sunburn, sun poisoning, dehydration and hypothermia, incidents with animals, birds and fish that are resources of the park, collision with work utility vehicles and visitor cyclists, incidents with pets belonging to other visitors, etc.
I am aware that LOVEFINS entails risks of injury or death to any participant. I understand the description of these inherent risks is not complete and that other unknown or unanticipated inherent risks may result in injury or death. I agree to assume and accept full responsibility for the inherent risks identified herein and those inherent risks not specifically identified. My participation in this activity is purely voluntary; no one is forcing me to participate, and I elect to participate in spite of and with full knowledge of the inherent risks.
I acknowledge that engaging in this activity may require a degree of skill and knowledge different from other activities and that I have responsibilities as a participant. I acknowledge that the staff of LOVEFINS has been available to more fully explain to me the nature and physical demands of this activity and the inherent risks, hazards, and dangers associated with this activity.
I certify that I am fully capable of participating in this activity. Therefore, I assume and accept full responsibility for myself, including all minor children in my care, custody, and control, for bodily injury, death, or loss of personal property and expenses as a result of those inherent risks and dangers identified herein and those inherent risks and dangers not specifically identified, and as a result of my negligence in participating in this activity. I have carefully read, clearly understood, and accepted the terms and conditions stated herein and acknowledge that this agreement shall be effective and binding upon me, my heirs, assigns, personal representative, and estate and for all members of my family, including minor children.
Clean Marina Initiative
- Separate & recycle all solid waste and materials including compostable items in provided bins.
- Follow directions when using the pump out station.
- Conserve water – limit time for boat cleaning and report leaks.
- Conserve electric – turn on water heaters and air conditioning only when needed.
- Report immediately any spill of fuel, waste or oil products.
- No maintenance on vessel is to be performed in the marina.
Refund Policy for Advance Reservations: Since we set aside a slip as soon as a reservation is confirmed, we ask visitors to let us know if their plans change or they will be subject to the following cancellation policy. All Reservations require a deposit of one night’s stay (or the minimum day rate when applies) plus the selected option electrical power daily fee (initial deposit). All cancellation requests will generate an email confirmation of cancellation. Receipt of this email confirmation will serve as proof to the visitor that a cancellation request has been acknowledged.
(A) Changes that shorten reservations or change dates, for example from one weekend to another, are considered cancellations.
(B) Cancellations made 7 plus days prior to arrival receive a full refund less a non-refundable deposit/cancellation fee of $15.
(C) Cancellations made within 7 days of the 11:00AM EST check-in forfeit the entire initial deposit.
(D) Visitors who do not cancel and fail to arrive for a scheduled reservation will be charged 100% of their entire reserved stay, including electrical connection fees.
(E) 4th of July and Labor Day 5 day minimum rate reservations at both marinas and Miss Fire Island 2 day minimum rate at Sailors Haven in September are non-refundable.